College of Engineering Pune - COEP Pune
COEP Technological University - INFO
Several prominent educational institutions in Pune got ‘university status’ from the state government. One of the major developments was of the College of Engineering Pune (COEP) which was awarded the status of “Unitary Technological Public University” by the Government of Maharashtra
|Year of establishment | Type of University||1854 | Public / Government|
|Affiliated to||Savitribai Phule Pune University|
|Entrance Exam||JEE Main/ MHT CET and GATE/ GPAT|
|Number of Courses offered||10 UG courses and 22 PG Courses|
|Popular Courses||B.Tech. and M.Tech.|
|Mode of education||Full-time|
|Top Recruiters||Wipro, TCS, Infosys, IBM, L&T, ITC, Tech Mahindra, TATA Motors, HP, etc.|
|Highest salary package offered (2020)||INR 39,20,000|
|Average salary package offered (2020)||INR 7,00,000|
|Facilities available||Hostel, Library, Transportation|
|Campus Area||47 acred|
COEP admission to each course is done through particular determination rules as coordinated by Savitribai Phule Pune University. The University acknowledges public/state-level selection test scores for allowing confirmations. Up-and-comers, satisfying the qualification models, can enroll themselves in online mode through COEP’s official site. A concise outline identified with COEP confirmation is recorded beneath:
- B.Tech. affirmation depends on JEE Main/MHT CET score
- For M.Tech. affirmation, GATE/GPAT scores are thought of
- Ph.D. confirmations are altogether merit-based
How to Apply?
- BTech: The application process includes the application fees, documents required for submission, and steps to be followed for applying and paying the fee.
- MTech: Candidates can apply online for admission in M.Tech. and it includes the application fees, GATE scorecard, Bachelor’s degree in relevant stream, and application is complete by paying the fees.
- PG Diploma courses: Candidates can apply for PG diploma courses online by paying the application fees and then, the candidate must have cleared the interview rounds for taking admission.
COEP Ranking and Awards
Recent year rankings of COEP are given below:
COEP Courses Offered
COEP offers three full-time courses, to be specific BTech, MTech, and Ph.D. The BTech program is offered for a length of four years while MTech is a two-year program. The Ph.D. program is of five-year length. Given underneath is an outline of COEP courses alongside qualification necessities and absolute course fees:
|BTech||Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer & IT Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering|
|MTech||Construction and Management, Town and Country Planning, Environment and Water Resource, Geotechnical, Structural|
COEP has a functioning Training and Placement (T&P) Cell that goes about as an interface among industry and the scholarly community. It assumes a critical part in molding the vocations of almost 1,100 understudies each year and presents them to in excess of 140 organizations.
Below given is the record of students placed in the recent COEP Placement Drive.
|Number of students placed||607|
|The number of companies that participated||188|
|Highest CTC offered||INR 39,20,000 per annum|
|Average CTC offered||INR 7,00,000 per annum|
|Top recruiters||Akash Institute, BYJU’s, Bosch, Barclays, Cap Gemini, Dell, etc.|
Some top-most organizations that visited the grounds for COEP arrangements lately are given underneath:
Different Government, Non-government, and Industry/Alumni supported grants and monetary guides are given to the understudies. Likewise, there are different grants solely for female understudies. Here is a rundown of Scholarships accessible:
- Eaton Pratibha Awards: This Scholarship is for female students pursuing a UG and PG degree in engineering. Candidates must have an Excellence in academics (CGPA), Involvement in community services, and Achievements in co-curricular – sports, fine-arts, paper-presentation, etc.
- Vinod Doshi COEP Merit Scholarship: It is offered to the students pursuing BTech and it covers almost all academic expenditures viz. College fees, Hostel fees & academic expenses for 4 years. Candidates must have a Good academic record and financial background to be eligible for this scholarship.
- College of Engineering Pune has ten hostel structures involving the lodging office, security room, visitor place of three rooms, and so forth All rooms are roomy and breezy with web availability.
- A separate dispensary block is likewise accessible inside the lodging premises. For young ladies understudies, STD/ISD office is accessible close by lodging blocks.
- CoEP has a complex with all sports facilities and academic facilities. Hostels are available for both boys as well as girls.
- It also has various clubs for the overall extra extracurricular development of students. Some of the clubs are related to different field like Arts, Music, Dance, Debate, Cultural, etc.